– THEME ‘FRIENDSHIP’
(between people of different cultures)
1. Entry requirements
- The number of entries is limited to 5.
- Any kind of graphical technique will be accepted.
- The works may not have been awarded with a price elsewhere before.
- By entering the contest the author certifies he or she is the sole owner of the entry
- Captions (and / or subtitles) are not allowed.
- A4 format
- Digital entries will be in JPEG format and have a resolution of a minimum of 300 dpi and a maximum file size of 3MB
- A4 hard copies sent by post are also accepted. These must bear, on the reverse side, the surname, forename and address of the author.
- You can send your digital works to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hard copies can be sent to: Cartoonfestival Rotterdam, p/a. Wessel Gansfortweg 65, 3052KM Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- Both digital and hard copy entries should be accompanied by a short resume and a picture of the author.
The deadline for entries is October 1th 2019
Copyright of the entries lies with the authors of the cartoons. By participating, the author authorizes Stichting Cartoonfestival Rotterdam to publish the submitted works in the catalogue, for the promotion of the exhibition and for the exhibition of the cartoons in the opening exhibition as well as in possible following exhibitions in cities that honour Erasmus within a period of 12 months following the opening ceremony. For any other use of the cartoons the written permission of the Author is previously requested. Consequently, the selected works will remain at the disposal of the organizers until December 2020.
An independent jury will select the 100 best entries for the catalogue and the exhibition. The jury consists of artists, cartoonists and a representative of the main sponsor of the contest: Stichting Comity Erasmus Icon of Rotterdam. Decisions made by the jury cannot be challenged.
1st prize € 1.000,- + trophy
2nd prize € 750,- + trophy
3rd prize € 500,- + trophy
Tulip prize * € 250,-
*Made available by the Dutch Cartoonist Association ‘De Tulp/FECO Holland’
If after announcement of the awards, it appears that plagiarism has been committed, the jury can decide to withdraw the prize.
7. Winner VIP – arrangement
On the occasion of the awards ceremony, the winners of the 1st 2nd and 3th prize are invited for a stay in Rotterdam, from November 29th – December 1th ( 3 days). Travel cost will be refunded and stay expenses will be paid by Stichting Cartoonfestival Rotterdam.
Cartoons that are selected for the exhibition will be published in an catalogue. On request the authors of the selected works for the catalogue and the exhibition will get a free catalogue.
9. Returning hard copies
Hard copy entries will only be sent back by the organizers on written request. The organization can in no way be held responsible for any damages or loss of works that may occur.
10. Award ceremony
The inauguration and award ceremony will take place November 29th, 2019. The opening exhibition will run from November 29th to December 15th 2019.
You can click on the following link to dowload the entryform: Entryform – English-def